|Record #: BTN4779||Last Full Update: 15 Nov 2017|
|Located In Community||Burlington|
|Physical Access||Not Applicable|
|Agency and Service Names|
|Alternate Name||LEAP (Low-income Energy Assistance Program) ; OESP (Ontario Electricity Support Program)|
|Former Name||Winter Warmth Program|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Funding||Grants ; United Way|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||This topic record describes the Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP) credit, and where to get emergency help to pay a utility bill.
ONTARIO ELECTRICITY SUPPORT PROGRAM (OESP)
Applies $45-$113 credit directly on each monthly hydro bill (for those below the Low Income Measure cutoff).
* to apply call 1-855-831-8151 (Mon-Fri 8 am-9 pm) or see website here.
* if you need help applying call Salvation Army, Burlington Community and Family Services, 905-637-3893 or St. Christopher's Anglican Church, Open Doors Program 905-634-1809
EMERGENCY HELP TO PAY UTILITY BILLS
1. Housing Stability Fund (one-time assistance for gas or hydro bills)
* contact Halton Region at 905-825-6000 or see separate record here
2. Energy Assistance Program (one-time emergency help for Union Gas bills)
* provides a one-time grant (up to $500) for those behind on payments and at risk for disconnection
* to apply contact United Way Simcoe Muskoka, 1-855-487-5327 or see website here.
3. LEAP Program (one-time emergency help for electricity/hydro bills)
* to apply contact Salvation Army, Burlington Community and Family Services, 905-637-3893
|Hours||Vary by program.|
|Eligibility||Low-income households only|
|Application||See details for each program, above.|
|Categories and Classification|
|Service Categories||Utility Assistance|
|Older Adult View Main Categories||FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE|
|Older Adult View Sub-Categories||Assistance Programs|