24 Hour Crisis and Distress Numbers
|Record #: BTN2466||Last Full Update: 16 Mar 2017|
|Located In Community||Halton Region|
|Physical Access||Not Applicable - Phone support only|
|Legal Status||(50) Non Profit|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||This record shows 24/7 crisis lines serving Halton Region.
* listing may not be complete
* for additional community information 24/7, dial 2-1-1 from anywhere in Ontario (translation available)
IN AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911 for police, fire and ambulance
GENERAL DISTRESS LINES
Distress Centre Halton: Distress Lines (Oakville/Burlington) 905-849-4541, 905-681-1488 * (North Halton) 905-877-1211, see full records here.
1. Telehealth Ontario: 1-866-797-0000 TTY: 1-866-797-0007, see full record here * provides health advice and information from a registered nurse (service of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, no Ontario Health Insurance required).
2. Ontario AIDS and Sexual Health Info Line: 1-800-668-2437, see full record here.
1. COAST (Crisis Outreach And Support Team): 1-877-825-9011, TDD 1-844-646-1700, see full record here * Halton telephone support and mobile intervention program for those 16 and older who are in crisis and have a mental health concern.
2. Halton Regional Police Mobile Crisis Rapid Response Team: Non-emergency numbers Oakville and Burlington 905-825-4777, North Halton 905-878-5511 (for emergencies call 911), TTY 1-800-990-8199, see full record here.
CHILDREN AND YOUTH
1) Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting (see full record here) For children in need of care/protection, report to either:
* Halton Childrens Aid Society (South Halton 905-333-4441, North Halton 905-876-1682), see full record here) or
* Halton Regional Police non-emergency line 905-825-4747 ext 5155, North Halton 905-878-5511
2) ROCK (Reach Out Centre for Kids) Crisis Line: 905-878-9785, see full record here * for children and youth in crisis, and caregivers/community members.
3) Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868, see full record here * bilingual help-line provides free counselling, information and referral on anonymous basis to children and youth, ages 5-20.
SEXUAL ASSAULT AND DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
1) Halton Womens Place Crisis Line (24 hours): Burlington 905-332-7892, Milton 905-878-8555 * TTY (24 hours) Burlington 905-332-7892, Milton 905-878-8555, see full record here * crisis line and shelter for abused women and their dependent children, emergency transportation to shelter available.
2) SAVIS (Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention Services: 905-875-1555, see full record here.
3) Femaide (Francophone, formerly Oasis Centre des Femmes): 1-877-336-2433 TTY 1-866-860-7082, see full record here.
4) Inasmuch House, Hamilton: 905-529-8600 TTY 905-529-8029, see full record here * Emergency shelter
5) Interval House of Hamilton: 905-387-8881 (if long distance, call collect), see full record here * Emergency shelter and free emergency transportation by taxi for abused women and their children
6) Good Shepherd Centre, Martha House , Hamilton: 905-523-6277, see full record here.
7) Native Womens Centre, Hamilton: 905-664-1114, Toll Free 1-888-308-6559, see full record here.
EMERGENCY SHELTERS IN HALTON AND AREA
See full record here.
TO REPORT A DEATH
For unexpected deaths, call 911
For expected deaths, call the attending physician or 911
If concerned or uncertain about the circumstances surrounding a death, contact the Coroner's office 1-877-991-9959
|Hours||Mon-Sun 24 hours|
|Areas Served||Halton Region|
|Application||See contact information above.|
|Categories and Classification|
|Main Category||Abuse / Assault ; Child / Family Services ; Emergency / Crisis ; Mental Health / Addictions ; Topic Guides|
|Secondary Category||Child Abuse ; Child Abuse Resources ; Child Abuse Services ; Crisis Lines for Abuse / Violence ; Distress Lines ; Distress Phone Lines ; Domestic Abuse ; Domestic Abuse Crisis Services ; Special Topics ; Victims of Abuse Support Programs|
|Service Categories||Child Abuse Hotlines ; Domestic Violence Hotlines ; General Crisis Intervention Hotlines ; Mental Health Hotlines|